The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking applications from experienced and competent individuals to fill the role of Depot Master Claisebrook. This position reports to the Depot Manager Claisebrook in the Transperth Train Operations Division (TTO). The incumbent we are looking for would be a catalyst for change and imagination to assist with effective, economical and innovative management of the Claisebrook Railcar Depot supporting Rai Operations.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Substantial knowledge of and/or experience within a rail operations environment;
- Practical working knowledge of the PTA’s Safeworking rules and procedures;
- Considerable knowledge of;
- Occupational Safety & Health principles, practices, policies and procedures;
- Relevant PTA Industrial Awards and Agreements;
- Well-developed leadership and management skills including the ability to engage people and motivate them towards achieving team outcomes;
- Ability to assume control in response to serious incidents.
There are three vacancies available for an immediate start. Applicants must be in possession of a current WA ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ class Driver’s Licence or equivalent; and have the ability to work shift work and/or weekend work as required to a 24 hour 7 day week roster.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancies. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for this and other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months at the Claisebrook Railcar Depot.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Murray Rowe, Operations Manager, on (08) 9326 2337 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2, 3 & 4 from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.