The State Library of WA’s mission is to connect Western Australians with information and ideas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and youth.
Visit our website www.slwa.wa.gov.au for more information on the State Library and what we do.
A full-time, permanent Digital Preservation Officer role is available.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual with technical expertise to provide advice and support on digital preservation strategy and practices for the State Library’s digital heritage collections, as well as implement initiatives across the State Library and provide training and assist to develop the digital skills of staff.
For further details on the position and the Essential Work Related Requirements you are encouraged to read the attached Job Description Form (JDF). You can also contact Manager Collection Care, Daniel Rozas Nunez on (08) 9427 3284.
We provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes to allow people with a disability to participate effectively. Reasonable adjustments can also be made available to assist you in the job, if you are successful in gaining employment.
You can let us know about any reasonable adjustment you may need please contact Manager Collection Care, Daniel Rozas Nunez on (08) 9427 3284
How to Apply
Select the 'Apply for Job’ button at the top / bottom of the screen. Your application should include:
- a current CV with the contact details of two work related referees
- a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that outlines your experience, skills and abilities in relation to the Essential Work Related Requirements in a concise way and explains your suitability for the role.
Please note the closing date and time and allow yourself enough time to apply online as lodgement is system generated. Late applications will not be accepted.
For technical difficulties while applying online, phone the helpline on 1300 733 056 (option 3) during business hours.
For tips on how to prepare your application visit: https://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/about-us/corporate/employment
Please note that all of the Essential Work Related
Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
If you are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, you may be considered for similar vacancies in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of Commissioner's Instruction No 2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
Pre-Employment Integrity Checks
So the community can be confident in our staff and the services we provide to the community we carry out pre-employment integrity checks. As part of this process suitable candidates will be asked to provide:
- ID documents that prove their identity and any name changes.
- Documents that prove they are an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency (or hold a valid working visa covering the term of the fixed term contract).
- A National Police Clearance Certificate (no older than 6 months).
- Two referees (a line manager is preferred) that can verify their employment history, including their role and responsibilities, conduct, performance and reasons for leaving.
Depending on the role there may be additional checks, which include:
- Confirmation of educational qualifications and professional memberships applicable to the position with the issuing organisation.
- Working with Children Check for positions that involve child-related work.
- 14483 - digital preservation officer l5 - 16.04.21.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.