The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The PTA are seeking suitably qualified or experienced candidates for the sought after position of OSH Superintendent. The incumbent will provide a comprehensive occupational safety and health (OSH) consultancy service to the Network & Infrastructure Division (N&I), and is responsible for the development and implementation of injury management strategies and programs aimed at a reduction in incidents and injuries within the PTA. The successful candidate will provide leadership direction, guidance, technical expertise and support in OSH requirements to meet all of the PTA’s regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A relevant qualification in an OSH or safety discipline, or significant experience in OSH, preferably in a complex rail or construction operational environment;
- Experience in implementation of integrated management system and safety improvement programs;
- Demonstrated ability and capacity to undertake audits, investigations and develop recommended remedial actions
- Well developed leadership and management skills with the ability to engage and empower teams and individuals to deliver organisational requirements;
- Ability to resolve complex technical and operational problems and issues.
There is one full time position available for an immediate start. You must be prepared to work unsociable hours, sometimes at short notice and you must be in possession of a Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Class Drivers Licence or equivalent.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Richard Clark, Manager Safety and Rail Access on 0427 484 918 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.