The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Support Officer to provide technical administrative support to the Condition Monitoring team located at the Claisebrook Depot. This position sits within the Network & Infrastructure Division and reports to the Rail Infrastructure Track Condition Monitoring Analyst. The incumbent will maintain critical data sets and associated data management processes which relate to maintenance, construction, upgrades and modifications of the branch assets. The successful candidate will also contribute to achieving operational performance targets leading to the effective delivery of services for the PTA.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Demonstrated administrative skills and experience in the use of, and development and administration of complex database systems;
- Experience in maintaining accurate technical records and monitoring compliances;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data, identify trends and produce dashboard reports;
- Competency in the use of relevant computer software packages, in particular Microsoft Office and Work Management systems such as RAMSYS or similar.
This is a fixed term opportunity to the 30 June 2023 with a possibility of extension and/or permanency.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Peter Edwards, Rail Infrastructure Condition Monitoring Analyst on 0402 582 199 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF in no more than 3 pages; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.