Senior Manager Grants & Strategic Initiative
Grants and Community Development
Level 8 $135,296 - $146,609 PSCSAA
Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only
Substantive Equality Statement
Lotterywest and Healthway are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from a diverse field, including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, youth, and people with a disability which is supported by our Strategic Workforce Plan. If you're an applicant with a disability please click the attachment below to read about requesting adjustments.
Stakeholder Engagement and Collaboration
- Leads and oversees staff engagement with community groups and organisations to ensure the delivery of high impact grant applications consistent with the priorities of Lotterywest Healthway’s Community Impact Framework
- Works with the General Manager to lead, convene and maintain effective engagement in priority areas of Lotterywest’s grant activities across government, not-for-profit organisations and community.
- Establishes and actively manages networks and partnerships, including with philanthropic organisations and other partners to leverage positive community outcomes
- Works collaboratively to lead the integration of joint grants with Healthway where appropriate
Grants and Strategic Initiatives
- Oversees the direction and policy focus for the delivery of strategic grant-making streams in priority areas
- Responsible for the delivery of a consistent and effective community development approach in the delivery of Lotterywest’s grants programs across a diversity of grant customers to facilitate and negotiate positive community outcomes
- Advises on and responsible to implement the strategic direction to address gaps in grant delivery across the Lotterywest Healthway Community Investment Framework
- Identifies opportunities for demonstration projects, pilots, partnerships and targeted grants that meet demonstrated community need
- Advises on grant conditions consistent with the organisation’s strategic direction and intent, including integration with Healthway as appropriate
- Leads a purposeful and strategic approach to Lotterywest grant-making informed by social impact data, analysis and research
- Leads the integration with Healthway’s grants where possible to maximise community impact and minimise duplication across Lotterywest and Healthway
- Leads, manages and responsible for the development of the Grants and Strategic Initiatives team, people and resources, to deliver a positive and productive work environment
- Responsible with the General Manager to lead grant recommendations to the Lotterywest Board
- Provides advice and support to the General Manager, working effectively and collaboratively with other senior staff to further organisational goals
- Leads the incorporation of evaluation findings, social impact data, analysis and research into the team’s policies and practice
- Undertakes special projects as directed
- Undertakes other duties as required
Mandatory/Special Role Requirements
Police Clearance / Ability to undertake metropolitan, regional and interstate travel / After-hours work
Essential Selection Criteria
A proven track record of successful experience in:
- Demonstrated experience in leading cohesive and high performing teams in a similar operating grants and community development environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex partnerships and multiple stakeholders to achieve tangible outcomes for community-based grant making
- High level experience in leading the conceptual development and delivery of strategic and innovative projects and grant initiatives
- High level experience in leading the application of community development principles, social impact data, analysis and research into policy and practice
- Substantial experience in communicating effectively in a variety of contexts, including with community, government, governing boards (or equivalent) and across internal and other external stakeholders
Tertiary qualification in Community Development or a relevant field and/or 7 year’s experience.
For Further Job Related Information
Enquiries about the role can be directed to Lorna Pritchard, General Manager, Grants and Community Development on (08) 9488 6264.
Please download the job pack below and refer to the job pack for instructions on how to apply.
Suitable applicants may be considered for future similar employment opportunities during the next six (6) months at Lotterywest.
- 21 067 - l8 senior manager grants and strategic initiatives - lotterywest job pack.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2021-08-02 9:30 AM (YYYY-MM-DD)