The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
We have a newly opened opportunity for a Rail and Safety Systems Auditor to join our Safety, Freight & Business Management Systems Division here at the PTA. As part of the role, the Rail and Safety Systems Auditor will be undertaking Rail and OSH Safety System compliance audits across all Divisions within the PTA and providing detailed reports of findings, including non-conformances and opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations to minimise safety risks.
- Possession of, or progress towards, a relevant tertiary qualification;
- Considerable experience in the delivery of audit based services, including the development of risked based processes;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in analysing and interpreting legislation including Acts and Regulations, policies, procedures and instructions;
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with people, and to carry out objective transparent audit reviews with integrity.
There is one position available for an immediate start.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Ms Jacky Corrigan on (08) 9326 2429 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing following Selection Criteria from the JDF in no more than 4 pages;
- Core Competencies
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
- A completed attached integrity and qualification consent form as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.