Compassion – Respect – Understanding - Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
Team Leader (Burials) Level 4
Pool Ref 2021-05
This pool will be used initially to fill one permanent vacancy at Fremantle Cemetery. Any other applicants found suitable will be placed in a pool to fill any vacancies that may arise in the next 12 months at either Karrakatta, Fremantle or Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park (Padbury).
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is a values-based organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from young people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women, people with disabilities, and Aboriginal Australians who have relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB
The primary functions of this position are to:
- Plan daily operational duties for burial services (i.e. interments into graves, vaults and crypts).
- Mentor and provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Provide expert assistance in divisional planning activities.
- Assist with coordination and administration within the Planning and Operations division.
- Quality control in burial services.
Further information can be found in the attached Job Description Form.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE METROPOLITAN CEMETERIES BOARD
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
- A culture based on values of understanding, compassion, respect, and integrity
- Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
- Flexible start and finish times
- Industrial Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. cumulative personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS (Selection Criteria)
The successful applicant will have:
- Completion of Certificate III Funeral Services or other relevant qualification.
- 4 - 6 years of varied and accumulated experience to enable competent performance of a range of job assignments; and/or demonstrated competent performance in grave digging.
- Provide leadership to motivate, mentor and provide on the job training to staff.
- Use sound interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate sensitively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and customers from different ethnic backgrounds to resolve difficult enquiries and complaints.
- Operate and maintain relevant equipment (e.g. power tools, excavators, front end loaders, Tractors, skid steers, trucks) through application of technical knowledge and carry out workplace measurements and calculations.
- Apply relevant health and safety and equal opportunity policies and practices.
- Commitment to honest and ethical work practices, behaviour and decision making.
- Basic computer literacy and application.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Mr Cameron Miller (Operations Coordinator, Karrakatta Cemetery) on (08) 9383 5255 (not to be contacted for assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the attached Applicant Information Kit and Job Description Form as these documents will assist you in preparing your resume and covering letter. If you experience difficulties downloading any of these documents, please call (08) 9383 5228.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years.
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
A satisfactory pre-employment medical is a requirement for this position, which includes an alcohol and other drugs screening test.
You must submit all of the following before the closing date to be considered for an interview:
- An up-to-date resume which clearly outlines your past work experience, your knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
- A covering letter no more than three (3) pages (A4 size) outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the position, in relation to each of the Work Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) as listed above.
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” at the top or bottom of the page.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: 10:00am, Thursday, 15 July 2021.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board has a four-day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website (Breach of Standards Claims).