Please note: The closing date for this position has been extended until 5.00pm, Tuesday 20 July 2021.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many network expansion projects to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
An exciting new opportunity has opened within the PTA in the position of Manager Rail Safety Governance. This position sits within the Safety, Freight & Business Management Systems Division and reports to the Regulatory Interface. The responsibilities include managing corporate governance over the PTA’s safety and risk management systems, and ensures the ongoing compliance of the PTA’s rail network with the relevant legislative requirements. The incumbent will provide specialist advice as a subject matter expect to PTA senior management regarding rail safety management systems and compliance.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant experience in safety operations within the rail industry;
- Significant experience in the audit and review of safety management systems in large, multi-disciplinary environments;
- Possession of an auditing qualification or significant experience planning and conducting safety audits and inspections;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in safety compliance in an operational environment.
There is one permanent position available for an immediate start. Applicants must be in possession of a current Western Australian ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ Class Drivers Licence or equivalent.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Tim Hirst, Manager Corporate Safety Governance & Compliance on (08) 9326 2803 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees; and
- A written application addressing the Core Competencies of the Selection Criteria from the JDF, in no more than 2 pages;
- A completed attached integrity and qualification consent form as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.