Please note: The closing date for this position has been extended until 9.00am Monday 21 June 2021.
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for the states continued success and growth is being delivered through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
About the role
The Communications Branch of Network & Infrastructure Division is recruiting for a Maintenance Superintendent - Communications to contribute to keeping the Perth metropolitan rail service operating safely and reliably.
This is a critical role which will be accountable for the maintenance performance of the team, the operational performance of all communications systems and ensuring the assets are safe and reliable. The successful person will have a post-secondary or tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. communications, networking) and have extensive experience in the management of a technical team to maintain a range of voice, data and radio communications systems.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and experienced maintenance leader who is looking for a new challenge and want a better work-life balance. If you are sick of working FIFO or would like to relocate to the beautiful city of Perth this could be the job for you!
You will use your experience and leadership to:
- Develop a positive safety culture within the team and contribute to continuous improvement across the network including introduction of emerging telecommunication technologies.
- Develop and maintain a competent and engaged workforce
- Lead and manage the team in the delivery of maintenance activities and of compliant work practices
- Innovate and deliver an effective maintenance, fault response and construction function
- Undertake general business and people management activities including coaching and mentoring
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to drive change and build strong relationships
What’s on Offer
- A work environment where people and safety are our top priorities
- A permanent position with a government organisation working 80 hours per fortnight
- Salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for eligible employees and their families
- Relocation assistance to Perth and visa sponsorship if applicable
- Involvement in advanced telecommunication technologies such as LTE for rail operations
What will I earn?
In addition to your base earnings of $4,152 per fortnight, you will also have the opportunity to earn additional remuneration through shift work and on call.
For further information on this position, please refer to the attached JDF. You can also gain more detailed information on the role and responsibilities by contacting Priscilla Nguyen, Maintenance Manager - Communications on (08) 9326 2523.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to attach the following:
- A current CV that highlights your maintenance career experience with two work related referees
- A three-page written statement addressing the following criteria as outlined in the JDF:
- Core Competencies
- Leadership and Management
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please note – aptitude and psychometric testing may be conducted as part of this recruitment process to determine suitability.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.