Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS682848
WA College Of Agriculture - Harvey is seeking to establish a pool of Residential Supervisors for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As this college is a Co-educational Residential Facility, appointments from this pool will be Gender Specific.
The College currently has potential permanent vacancies that require filling.
In this role you will have an interest in and experience working with young people. Residential Supervisors are responsible for the day to day care of teenage students. They must be able to work with colleagues to ensure appropriate supervision of large groups of students and work with parents and staff to coordinate care needs for students and as such will require excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
The suitable applicants will be required to provide a high level supervision and care for residential students. Supervisors are responsible for managing 15 to 18 year old students during afterschool hours and on weekends. In this role you will plan and organise activities in keeping with the Department's excursion policies and support students to be prepared for the learning program at the college. The position has responsibility for maintaining discipline and behaviour standards in accordance with Departmental and school policy. The Residential Supervisor liaises with College/School departments/faculties through line management in the provision of out of school hour activities. This includes the supervision of sporting and recreational activities, boarding facilities (example; dormitory, dining room) and the management of students’ residential timetables.
WACOA – Harvey is located about 1.5 hours south of Perth Western Australia, 20 minutes from the coast and 40 minutes north of Bunbury. It is situated in the heart of the Harvey irrigation district which services the dairy and horticulture industries and enjoys access to a significant range of agricultural industry and recreational opportunities. The College is located on a 900ha farm run on a semi commercial basis. A number of major enterprises are run including Beef, Dairy and Horticulture with students involved in all aspects of their operation. Students are also exposed and trained in smaller enterprises such as Sheep, Equine, Intensive Agriculture and Meat Processing.
The College is a co-educational facility providing education and training to students in Years 10, 11 and 12. As a specialist Agricultural and related trades training school, students attend from across Western Australia with the majority boarding on site. Students apply to attend the College with a genuine interest in the curriculum offerings being the main desirable attribute. As a result, students are motivated and engaged in their learning.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of young people in a residential environment.
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, implement and record activities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Harvey can be found by visiting www.harveyag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Bernard Murnane, Head of Residence, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wokalup, by telephoning (08) 9782 2100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
• Hold or obtain, within the first three months of appointment:
• a MR Class Vehicles Driver’s Licence with F endorsement;
• a Senior First Aid Certificate;
• obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
• obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
• complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
• complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
• complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
• Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 20 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.