Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE676862
This is a permanent part-time (0.2) position commencing ASAP
The Examination Support Officer will provide executive and administrative support to the Manager and the examination logistics team whilst processing payments and invoices, maintaining a spreadsheet of the examination expenses and assign expenses to the relevant areas. The successful applicant will extract and collate relevant data to create the Music practical examination timetable whilst collating the data for the annual examination and certification report.
The successful applicant will coordinate the recruitment, selection and appointment of Externally Set Task (EST) markers using established procedures, including expressions of interest. You will assist with enquiries and processes related to the contracting and payment of practical examination casual staff (supervisors and markers), including calculating payments according to hours worked and scripts marked. The successful applicant will prepare confidential communications and draft correspondence, briefing notes, forms and reports.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Initiative and sound organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to think clearly, and solve problems and work autonomously.
- Ability in using advanced features of a range of application software particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Barclay Jones, Manager, Examination Logistics ECT by telephoning (08) 9273 6309 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 13 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED