Compassion – Respect – Understanding - Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
Operations Coordinator, Karrakatta Cemetery
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal Australians, young people, women, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well organised Operations Coordinator to coordinate cemetery operations, grounds and garden maintenance at Karrakatta Cemetery. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that the cemetery is maintained to a safe and presentable standard.
This is a crucial operations role based at Karrakatta Cemetery that covers a diverse range of activities performed by the Burials, Grounds and Crematoriaum teams, ensuring the delivery of all funeral services as scheduled. This will require demonstrated skills in leadership, people and project management, organisational and time management, communication and innovation.
ABOUT THE JOB
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- the day to day coordination of operational services undertaken by the crematorium, burial and grounds teams
- ensuring cemeteries are maintained in a safe and presentable standard
- ensuring application of MCB and OSH legislation, policies, procedures and processes by operational staff
- the effective deployment of staff, physical and financial resources
- building team and individual capabilities to create cohesive productive teams
- contributing to cemetery planning and review across all MCB sites, and
- acting as the Site Emergency Chief Warden for allocated site/s.
Further information about this critical role can be found in the attached Job Description Form.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE METROPOLITAN CEMETERIES BOARD
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
- A culture based on values of compassion, respect, understanding and integrity
- Employer contribution superannuation of 9.5%
- Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
- Industrial Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
When applying for this position, you need to demonstrate your experience, knowledge and skills against each of the following work related requirements:
- Qualification in a related discipline such as Horticulture, Landscape or Property Maintenance, Operations Management, or extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills within an operations environment, including supervising a diverse multidisciplinary outdoor workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to successfully negotiate difficult matters.
- Experience in managing projects and financial resources whilst being proficient in the use of computer applications, in particular the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Commitment to personal integrity, ethical decision making, and MCB’s Values of Respect, Understanding, Compassion and Integrity.
- Sound knowledge of Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health legislation and the ability to correctly apply these in the workplace.
- Certificate IV Leadership and Management or equivalent.
- Ability to manage emergency situations.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Mr Ian Higgins (A/Director Planning and Operations) on (08) 9383 5247 (not to be contacted for assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the attached Applicant Information Kit and Job Description Form as these documents will assist you in preparing your resume and covering letter. If you experience difficulties downloading any of these documents, please call (08) 9383 5228.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
A satisfactory pre-employment medical is a requirement for this position, which will include an Alcohol and other drugs screening test.
You must submit all of the following before the closing date to be considered for an interview:
- Answer all of the online questions.
- Attach an up-to-date resume which clearly outlines your qualifications, past work experience, knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
- Write a covering letter of no more than three pages (A4 size) outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the position, and how your knowledge, skills and experience meet each of the Work Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) as listed above.
If you do not submit these two documents, you may not be shortlisted for interview.
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” at the bottom of the page.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: 10.00am, Monday, 3 May 2021.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board has a four-day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website (Breach of Standards Claims).