24 month fixed-term with possible further term and/or permanent appointment.
About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
We are looking for a motivated experienced administrator who is proficient in a variety of clerical duties, Occupational Safety and Health.
This position will be responsible for:
- Provide administrative functional support.
- Assists with processing workers compensation claims.
- Maintains Occupational Health and Safety records and electronic filing systems.
- Review Worker Compensation reimbursement from ICWA in conjunction with the OSH team.
- Data enter of various form into record keeping systems and translate data into monthly reporting model.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports on Occupational Safety & Health and Workers Compensation performance indicators and statistics.
- Carries out research and assists with OSH project support.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills focus on customer service.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Work well as part of team.
- Understanding of Occupational Safety and Health legislation as well as Workers Compensation.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Sector CSA Agreement 2019 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Soekie Van Straaten, Manager Safety and Health on (08) 9193 8940 or email Soekie.VanStraaten@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRG020.21S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Monday 15 March 2021 at 4:00pm (WST).