Compassion – Respect – Understanding - Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
Memorial Services Officer Level 2
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives?
Would you enjoy engaging with a variety of clients in a sensitive work environment?
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is a values-based organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from young people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women, people with disabilities, and Aboriginal Australians who have relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
MCB is recruiting for a full-time Memorial Services Officer to join our Client Services Division, based at Karrakatta Cemetery.
ABOUT THE JOB
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Prepare sites and place plaques and ashes in memorial locations and family graves.
- Conduct memorial and ashes placements with families in attendance according to client’s wishes.
- Check memorial plaques against client orders and supplier invoices.
- Transfer ashes into decorative urns.
- Accurately maintain data using the Cemetery Records System.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE METROPOLITAN CEMETERIES BOARD
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
- A culture based on values of compassion, respect, understanding and integrity
- Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
- Flexible start and finish times
- Full-time and Part-time opportunities
- Industrial Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Employer contribution superannuation of 9.5%
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
In no more than three pages in your application, please outline your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the four work related requirements listed below:
- Ability to work and maintain a high level of accuracy and excellent customer focus in a high volume work environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively with people and customers at all levels.
- Physical ability to undertake digging and manual work efficiently and without direct supervision.
- Computer literacy, including skills in word processing packages, email and internet use.
The remaining work related requirements in the JDF will be assessed during the recruitment process.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Ms Tracey Roper (Senior Client Services Coordinator) on 0428 064 222 (not to be contacted for assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the attached Applicant Information Kit and Job Description Form as these documents will assist you in preparing your resume and covering letter. If you experience difficulties downloading any of these documents, please call (08) 9383 5228.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years.
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
You must submit all of the following before the closing date to be considered for an interview:
- An up-to-date resume which clearly outlines your past work experience, your knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
- A covering letter no more than 3 pages (A4 size) outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the position, and how well you meet the four Work Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) as listed above (shortened from the JDF).
If you do not submit the above documents, you may not progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” at the bottom of the page.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: 9:00am, Monday 15 March 2021.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board has a four-day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website (Breach of Standards Claims).