1 x Permanent, Full time position
1 x Fixed Term, Full Time position (maternity leave cover) from 12 April 2021 for a period of six months with the possibility of extensions of up to 3 years (total appointment).
Are you committed to social justice? Are you resilient and able to work under pressure? Do you have a strong work ethic and pride yourself on your high standards of customer service?
Legal Aid WA is seeking two experienced office all-rounders, with a desire to assist and empower persons in need, to join our team at the South West Regional Office located in Bunbury.
About the role
In this role you will be working as a member of a small busy team, to assist clients by providing legal information either in person or over the telephone, within defined guidelines and timeframes. In addition, you will undertake a broad range of secretarial and administrative support to our team of lawyers, and ensure we are providing quality and timely assistance to our clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A client centred focus.
- Experience working as part of a team, an ability to contribute positively to a team environment and be adaptable and flexible when necessary.
- Strong administration skills, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, accurate word processing and data entry skill with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using MS Word with fast and accurate copy tying skills.
- An ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, be organised, meet deadlines and follow procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and often demanding environment.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and feel confident dealing with people from all walks of life, both over the phone and in person.
Previous experience working in a legal setting, along with a good understanding of Legal Aid Services and other service providers in the community is desirable, but not essential.
About us and what we can offer you
We offer a strong team working environment, the satisfaction of adding value to the community, and a range of benefits in line with business requirements, which may include professional development opportunities, flexible working and leave arrangements and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
Legal Aid WA is an independent statutory authority funded by the State Government and Commonwealth Governments. We provide services to over 100,000 clients each year in the areas of criminal, family and civil law across Western Australia.
Legal Aid WA is a provider of customer centred services and fosters a culture of inclusion. We appreciate differing viewpoints and cultural diversity and value all perspectives as we strive for excellent customer service through process improvements and innovation.
Please visit www.legalaid.wa.gov.au to find out more about us.
Download the documents attached for more information about applying for the role.
If you would like to talk to someone about the job, please contact Lara Fussell on (08) 9721 2277 or email email@example.com.
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides an overview of the role, along with the selection criteria against which you will be assessed throughout the selection process. Alignment with Legal Aid’s values will also be considered in the panel’s assessment of candidates. Please take time to familiarise yourself with the role prior to applying.
How to Apply
Applications are made online. In addition to the questions being asked in the online application, you should also submit:
- A comprehensive CV (max. 5 pages) that showcases your talents and key achievements relevant to the role; and
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages) outlining your relevant experience and demonstrating your ability to meet the selection criteria, paying particular attention to the highlighted criteria in the JDF (tip - your written communication skills will also be assessed so be sensible with font and margin sizes).
Click the “Apply for Job” button at bottom of this page to submit your application. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA www.jobs.wa.gov.au.
Please allow enough time to submit your application, as late applications will not be accepted.
Failure to submit the required information may result in the selection panel being unable to fully assess your application.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties submitting your application online, contact (08) 9261 6496 and quote recruitment ID LA21022
Legal Aid WA is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, young people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organisation.
This selection process may also be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout our organisation. Alternatively, should the successful candidate decline or vacate the advertised position, the next most suitable candidate may be selected from this process. Both options remain valid for a period of six (6) months (unless otherwise stated) from the completion date of the initial selection process. Should no suitable candidate be identified, or an offer declined, the panel may search for further candidates beyond the closing date.
Appointment to all positions at Legal Aid WA is subject to a satisfactory national criminal history check, integrity and conflict checks, and 100-point identification check.
- guidelines for job applicants.pdf
- legal secretary l1 or 2 bunbury.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2021-02-25 5:00 PM