Finance and Commercial Services Directorate
Permanent - Full Time
Level 5 $92,198 - $108,374 pa MRWA EBA + 9.5% superannuation
2021-01-25 1:00 PM
- JRS - Legal and Project Co-ordinator.pdf
- applicant information.pdf
- working with us.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
Legal and Project Co-ordianator
People need to get to work, home and everywhere in between and businesses rely on our roads. With a rich history dating back to 1926 and exciting future ahead, Main Roads Western Australia is the WA State Government agency responsible for managing the State's road network safely, connecting people and places. Main Roads is not just about roads. It’s about people.
Why we need you
The Legal and Commercial Services Branch is a small, dynamic team that provides a variety of legal and commercial advice and solutions to support the successful management and delivery of fundamental corporate risk and legal services.
To support our strategic approach to risk, this role is to coordinate the provision of legal services and undertakes projects related to legal, corporate governance and commercial policy matters and improvements. In addition, this role is responsible to co-ordinate the management of the Corporate Risk Management Framework (CRFM) for Main Roads and the Corporate Freedom of Information (FOI) process.
To be successful you will:
- Demonstrate initiative to get things done.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills to consult liaise and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate workshops to achieve project outcomes.
- Comprehensive research and problem solving skills to apply policies, frameworks and guidelines to tackle and resolve issues.
- Have a passion working in a team experienced in Integrity, Code of Conduct, Fraud and Corruption and Risk Management.
What We Offer
At Main Roads you can have a challenging, flexible and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go with an organisation who supports a healthy work-life balance to help with what’s important to you.
In addition to rewarding work, the security of a permanent position, our competitive salary and 9.5% superannuation, some of the benefits to working with Main Roads include:
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive leave provisions
- Training and development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing focus
The road ahead starts with a single step
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV demonstrating your relevant skills and abilities
- A copy of required licences and qualifications listed in the Job Role Statement
- A statement outlining your substantial skill, knowledge and experience in the following three (3) criteria in no more than three (3) pages:
- Provision of legal and commercial services in a large and complex organisation.
- Developing and implementing an organisation’s commercial and risk governance frameworks
- Building and enhancing stakeholder relationships.
For questions about the role, contact Andrew Phillips on (08) 9323 4977.
For any general enquires, contact John McKelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email email@example.com.
Once you are ready, click the ‘apply’ button. Allow plenty of time to submit your application as late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
As an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce and in line with our commitment to improve diversity, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in this selection process, please contact John Mckelvie on (08) 9323 6173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All selection criteria listed in the Job Role Statement will be tested throughout the selection process.
You will need to complete a medical questionnaire and obtain a national police clearance to be appointed to this position.
Subject to business requirements and your suitability for this role, we may consider you for appointment to similar vacancies.
To help us find the best candidate we may undertake an executive search.