Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE663144
This is a permanent full-time position commencing February 2021
Merredin Residential College is seeking a Boarding Supervisor – Male to join their friendly and professional team.
This job opportunity is unique if you are a caring, dedicated and enthusiastic person who has a genuine desire to assist young people complete their education while living away from home and family.
For these positions, the person's gender is a genuine occupational qualification (Equal Opportunity Act 1984). Only applicants in the pool possessing the required qualification will be considered for appointments in these circumstances.
Boarding supervisor’s help students develop into well rounded and responsible members of the residential college community. They support them with their personal development and school learning and help students become involved in college life by organising a range of recreational activities and excursions.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching staff with a particular focus on multicultural or Aboriginal experience.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of young people in a residential setting.
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, implement and record activities.
- Ability to manage risk through assessment and procedure as well as meeting Occupational Safety and Health requirements in a residential setting.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Elizabeth Moody, Manager by telephoning (08) 9041 7500 or emailing Elizabeth.Moody@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- At least a one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of at least one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold (and maintain) a current Working with Children Check;
- work according to rostered hours which may include nights, weekends and public holidays;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain before commencing their first rostered shift with students and maintain a current:
- First Aid Certificate – Provide CPR (HLTAID001); and
- First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement of employment;
- within six months of commencement of employment obtain and maintain a current:
- LR Class Driver’s Licence and a Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorisation;
- Aquatic Rescue for Group lll Pool Award*; and
- Surf Rescue Certificate*;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision Making within six months of commencement of employment; and
- obtain a Certificate IV in Community Services – Student Residential Care (CHC42015) within six months of commencement of employment.
* Dependent on operational requirements as determined by College Manager.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 January 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED