Are you a manager with project expertise in information technology, systems and controls?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent entity reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We help Parliament hold government to account; are a key source of independent and objective information to the community; and help promote change to improve public services across 170 State and 148 local government entities.
Information systems auditors scrutinise business processes and analyse entity information systems (IS) and technology that holds a variety of sensitive information. Check out some of our recent Information Systems reports.
The Associate Director manages multiple audits and provides technical leadership of contemporary IS auditing operations for a diverse range of government entities. The work program supports financial audit opinions; and delivers reports directly to Parliament on the maturity and effectiveness of entity information systems and controls.
Role of Associate Director:
- provides management, technical leadership and quality assurance of public sector information system audits
- designs, develops and leads information system audits
- manages information system audits and external contracts to meet audit program deliverables.
The ideal applicant will have:
- extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in current information technology, systems and controls, to shape and implement IS strategies
- demonstrated experience leading and managing multiple projects to deliver quality annual work program deadlines
- the ability to negotiate persuasively and adapt written and verbal communication styles to suit a variety of audiences.
Public Sector experience is not an essential requirement.
We have 1 permanent full-time position available for immediate filling.
How to apply
To be considered for this position we require:
- a comprehensive CV detailing your relevant experience
- a 2 page statement supported by examples outlining your transferable experience demonstrating you are the ideal applicant as outlined above.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for applicants recommended by the selection panel, after interviews.
We recommend contacting Kamran Aslam on (08) 6557 7582 or email email@example.com for further information regarding this position.
This position closes on Monday 1 February 2021 at 12:00pm.
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.