Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS654107
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Technical Support Officer to join their school.
The Technical Support Officer will maintain networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework.
The successful applicant will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. The successful applicant will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources.
Byford SC encourages the use of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) by staff and students. The Network Support Officer would have excellent customer service skills to support staff and student devices (Windows, iOS) in the DOE context. Working hours will require flexibility to meet the various duties and service needs of the college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please Caroline Chellew, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 19 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED