Looking for the first steps towards a role in the WA Public Sector?
This is a youth employment initiative aimed at students between the ages of 18 and 23 at the time of applying.
The Office of the Auditor General does work that matters to more than 2.7 million people living in Western Australia, auditing more than 170 State, and 148 local, public sector entities. Check out our website for more info.
We are currently looking for dedicated and self-motivated university students from a range of academic disciplines and degrees to join our 2021 Cadetship Program.
As a Cadet with our Office, you will receive:
- a kick start to your professional career/public sector career pathway
- flexible working arrangements, leave and practical experience for your studies
- structured formal and informal professional development.
Completing this program will open career opportunities in the Office, as well as the broader public sector. Our cadets have the opportunity to earn an income and gain valuable work experience across our whole organisation, while completing their final year of an undergraduate degree.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates for our 2021 Cadetship need to be available to start the program in early February 2021 and will have:
- completed the penultimate year of their degree by the end of 2020
- a competitive course average
- a commitment to the Office’s values
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a strong record of teamwork and achievement.
If successful, you will be offered:
- a 12 month part-time contract (3 days per week)
- progression into a 12 month OAG Graduate Program, subject to satisfactory performance
- possible permanent appointment, subject to satisfactory performance in the Graduate Program.
Ready to apply?
If you are looking for a pathway career in the public sector, apply for a cadet position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
You will be prompted to complete an online application and attach a copy of your CV together with copies of your academic transcript and proof of residency status. These documents must be attached to be considered.
Interviews are currently scheduled for late November and shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week before with interview times and details. Unsuccessful candidates can obtain feedback at the end of the recruitment process.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Niki Goulios, Senior Human Resources Officer on 6557 7500.
Applications close on Monday 16 November 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon) AEST.
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.