Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS647738
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
Sevenoaks Senior College is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Marketing and Media officer to join their team. We are very proud of our College and want our staff, students, parents and the wider community to know and celebrate what makes us such a successful and distinctive College.
The Marketing and Media Officer will provide operational support in the development, implementation and management of the College’s Marketing Plan. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing the public relations, marketing and communication for the College. This may involve coordinating promotional events and marketing activities.
The Marketing and Media Officer will maintain and update the College’s website and newsletter and ensure published content is current and relevant. It is highly desirable if the successful applicant has a knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to show initiative in actively seeking out new opportunities to increase the reach of online communication.
A post-secondary qualification in a relevant area is highly recommended. Highly developed communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently is essential.
Sevenoaks Senior College present a fresh new approach to senior schooling in Western Australia. The College caters for up to 500 Year 11 and Year 12 students from across the metropolitan Area. The College is located near the Cannington train station. It is the local school for students from Cannington and Maddington areas. Our vision is to empower our students through their engagement in education and training so that they fulfil their own educational, career and social expectations and participate positively in Australian society. We are a very dynamic and diverse educational community, with students and their teachers, together with their parents, community members and industry partners, all working collaboratively within a team environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks SC can be found by visiting www.sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Katie Edwards, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9356 4900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 November 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.