Are you interested in the impacts of Information and Cyber Security on Government Agencies?
Are you an autonomous operator who enjoys working within a team structure, liaising with diverse clients and problem solving?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent entity reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We help Parliament hold government to account; are a key source of independent and objective information to the community; and help promote change to improve public services across 170 State and 148 local government entities.
About the Role
Information systems auditors scrutinise business processes and analyse entity information systems and technology that holds a variety of sensitive information. Check out some of our recent Information Systems reports.
Ideal applicants for these positions will be self-managed, team oriented people who have between 3 and 10 years of experience in any of the following:
- information security
- network infrastructure
- cloud and IT operations
- cyber security
- risk management.
People with experience in either information security, IT operations, analytics, software and database development are strongly encouraged to apply.
Public Sector experience is not an essential requirement.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate their skills and experience in relation to the chosen position(s), as listed below. Each level builds on the skills of the previous level.
Level 4 Information Systems Auditor
- good understanding and experience in information systems technology and best practice
- planning and organisational skills
- experience in data analysis
- demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and strong written communication skills.
Level 5 Senior Information Systems Auditor
- demonstrated understanding and experience in information systems technology, controls and best practice
- demonstrated ability to plan and organise multiple tasks to meet project timelines
- demonstrated experience designing, developing and evaluating ICT system testing techniques
- well developed ability to liaise with clients and strong written communication skills.
Level 6 Principal Information Systems Auditor
- demonstrated experience leading and delivering quality assurance for information systems audits
- highly developed ability to liaise with audit clients and stakeholders
- ability to provide specialist technical advice to IS audit team
- demonstrated experience to managing multiple projects supervising IS audit teams and contractors.
How to apply?
We are establishing a selection pool to fill permanent and fixed term current and future opportunities that are available.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a recruitment pool. This pool will run for a period of 6 months and may be used to fill other similar fixed-term and permanent vacancies.
The selection panel will conduct a preliminary review of assessments in November 2020 and may contact potentially suitable applicants prior to the closing date below.
Please note that being placed in the pool does not guarantee your placement in a position.
Your application will be assessed only at the level you nominate.
You need to provide us with a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that clearly communicates your experience and how your skillset will transfer into this role, making you the ideal applicant – as outlined above.
You will also need to provide evidence of your essential qualifications and include the names of 2 current and relevant referees who can comment on your experience in a similar role. They will only be contacted for applicants recommended by the selection panel.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Kamran Aslam on 6557 7582.
Applications close on 15 February 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.