Are you a Finance leader who is strategic and operational?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We help Parliament hold government to account; are a key source of independent and objective information to the community; and help promote change and improve public services.
The Chief Financial Officer provides strategic advice, monitors and analyses trends and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of financial accounting, auditing, reporting and budgetary requirements to meet legislative obligations and government reporting.
They also lead the Finance Team, managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders, ensuring statutory compliance in financial and administrative service delivery to the Office and effectively managing the financial and administrative resources.
The Finance team is part of Business Services, delivering high quality and cost-effective corporate services support, ensuring human, financial and technology resources of the Office are used efficiently and effectively.
The ideal applicant will have:
- an eye for detail and the ability to develop a deep understanding of the business
- experience maintaining a macro view of the business’ financial position, trends within government landscape, and adapting business needs to mitigate risks
- advanced knowledge of accounting standards and experience in the preparation of accrual accounting reports.
Public Sector experience is not an essential requirement.
We have 1 permanent full-time position available for immediate filling.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position we require:
- a comprehensive CV detailing your relevant experience
- a 2 page statement that demonstrates the skills and experience that make you the ideal applicant – as outlined above.
You will also need to provide evidence of your essential qualifications and include the names of 2 current and relevant referees who can comment on your experience in a similar role. They will only be contacted for applicants recommended by the selection panel.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Michelle Ellis on 6557 7533.
This position closes on Monday 2 November at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
Applicants are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.