Administration Officer / Paralegal Pool Recruitment - (12 month pool)
Client Services Division
Permanent and Fixed Term vacancies.
Are you passionate about social justice? Are you resilient and able to work under pressure? Do you pride yourself on your high standards of customer service?
We are looking for people with a desire to assist and empower persons in need.
Legal Aid WA seeks candidates interested in applying for entry into a Administration Officer / Paralegal Pool for positions which may become available during the next 12 months within our Client Services Division.
About the role
In this role you will be required to deal with clients and provide legal information within defined guidelines and timeframes as well as undertake a broad range of administrative duties across the Division.
The ideal candidates will have;
- Experience working with complex clients and the ability to discern the legal from the non-legal matters from diverse client issues.
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to contribute positively
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good understanding of Legal Aid Services and other Service Providers in the Community is desirable.
The attached Job Description Form (JDF) provides an overview of the role, along with the selection criteria against which you will be assessed throughout the selection process. Alignment with Legal Aid’s values will also be considered in the panel’s assessment of candidates. Please take time to familiarise yourself with the role prior to applying.
How to Apply
Applications are made online. In addition to the questions being asked in the online application, you should also submit:
- A comprehensive CV (max. 5 pages) that showcases your talents and key achievements relevant to the role; and
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages) outlining your relevant experience and demonstrating your ability to meet the following criteria;
- Ability to deal courteously and assertively with emotional, aggressive and vulnerable clients in a highly pressurised work environment.
- Ability to analyse the legal problem and determine the appropriate legal service within a legal framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community based advice/support services and legal systems, practices and procedures.
- Values, Partnership and teamwork
Your written communication skills will also be assessed at the application stage.
Click the “Apply for Job” button at bottom of this page to submit your application.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA www.jobs.wa.gov.au.
Please allow enough time to submit your application, as late applications will not be accepted.
Failure to submit the required information may result in the selection panel being unable to fully assess your application.
If you are experiencing any difficulties in applying online, or do not have access to the internet, contact (08) 9261 6496 and quote recruitment ID LA20228.
Download the documents attached that will provide you with more information.
If, after reading the attachments, you have any additional questions, please contact Theresa O'Neill on telephone (08) 9261 6412 or email to Theresa.ONeill@legalaid.wa.gov.au
Appointment to all positions at Legal Aid WA are subject to a satisfactory national criminal history check, integrity and conflict checks, and 100-point identification check.
Legal Aid WA is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, young people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organisation.
This selection process may also be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout our organisation. Alternatively, should the successful candidate decline or vacate the advertised position, the next most suitable candidate may be selected from this process. Both options remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months (unless otherwise stated) from the completion date of the initial selection process. Should no suitable candidate be identified, or an offer declined, the panel may search for further candidates beyond the closing date.
- admin officer _ paralegal jdf.pdf
- guidelines for job applicants.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Part Time, Permanent - Full Time, Fixed Term - Full Time, Fixed Term - Part Time
2020-10-23 5:00 PM