About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
We are looking for an inspirational lecturer who is passionate about passing their vocation onto the workforce of the future.
Delivery areas may encompass varying streams from Certificate I level through to Certificate IV level across the following areas:
- Certificate of General Education for Adults (CGEA);
- Course in Gaining Access to Training & Employment (GATE);
- Course in Underpinning Skills for Industry Qualifications (USIQ);
- Course in Applied Vocational Study Skills (CAVSS).
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Experience in delivering in remote communities to learners with low levels of literacy and numeracy
- The ability to network and consult with clients, community groups and other stakeholders is an essential component of the position
- Significant relevant industry/ vocational or lecturing experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Relevant vocational qualifications and/or competencies at least to the level to be delivered and assessed including a Bachelor of Education or equivalent (if you have international qualifications it is up to the you to prove their Australian equivalence.
- It is preferred that applicants already possess a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or can demonstrate willingness or progression towards achieving it.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Nine (9) weeks paid leave
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Country Incentive Allowance or Salary Location
- Generous travel subsidy
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised housing (subject to eligibility & availability)
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary packaging options
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- WA TAFE Lecturers’ General Agreement 2019 and Teachers (Public Sector Technical and Further Education) Award 1993
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
- Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 3 of 2019 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Applicants are encouraged to find out more about the role by contacting Kevin Evans, Training Manager on (08) 9191 0625 or email Kevin.Evans@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRL078.20S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
Should no suitable applicant be identified, or an offer declined, the panel may search for further applicants beyond the closing date.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Thursday, 15 October 2020 at 4:00pm (WST).