Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646959
Can you make our school sparkle?
Nannup District High School is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated, reliable and enthusiastic Cleaners for appointments to permanent, fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, they will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
As part of this position, they must be able to use cleaning equipment. Applicants should hold good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain close working relationships with the school community.
Nannup District High School (DHS) commenced in its current location in 1964 and is situated near the edge of town. We currently cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. As a school we value a strong sense of learning within a respectful, collaborative, caring and supportive community. Our school development aims are based around: student learning and achievement; community engagement; and staff development.
Nannup DHS has a dedicated, hardworking, skilled and professional staff. We believe teaching and learning must be relevant, a life-long challenge and cater for the needs of the whole child. With the school motto 'Truth', students achieve high standards of academic and social achievement through participation and engagement in the school's inclusive, safe and stimulating learning environments. The school immerses students in a range of cultural activities, curriculum enrichment, Science and Maths lessons (including coding and robotics), Arts (including instrumental music), sporting events and camps. Indonesian is the current language being implemented in the Primary School.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Nannup District High School please visit www.nannupdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Wendy Moore, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Nannup, by telephoning (08) 9756 1008, 0428 838 425 or emailing Wendy.Moore@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at Bishop Street, Nannup WA 6275, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED