Compassion – Respect – Understanding - Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
Senior Client Services Coordinator
Position number KCS012
Based at Karrakatta
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is a values-based organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from young people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women, people with disabilities, and Aboriginal Australians who have relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Coordinator to join the Client Services team at the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board.
This selection process will be used to fill the above vacancy on a full-time basis.
ABOUT THE JOB
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide day to day operational and administrative coordination of client services and memorials staff and activities across all MCB sites, effectively deploy staff, physical and financial resources, build team and individual capabilities to create cohesive teams, ensure exemplary customer services that meets client needs, and build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
This role also ensures the correct and consistent application and implementation of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and processes by Client Services staff across all MCB sites.
As an MCB employee, you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
For further information about the role, please refer to the attached Job Description Form.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE METROPOLITAN CEMETERIES BOARD
Working for the MCB gives you access to some of the most sought-after benefits available among Western Australian employers. Benefits include:
- A culture based on values of understanding, compassion, respect, and integrity
- Employer contribution superannuation of 9.5%
- Expressions of interest, and acting prospects
- Flexible start and finish times
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication (written, oral and interpersonal) skills and the ability to build productive relationships, discuss and successfully negotiate difficult matters with staff and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent people management skills and experience including the ability to collaborate to resolve performance and other issues, and mentor and motivate staff to achieve a high standard of performance.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the delivery of excellent customer service through the application of sound customer service principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, people and financial resources.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to resolve complex problems, review business processes, develop and implement new or improved procedures; and correctly interpret and apply legislation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload and meet deadlines, goals and objectives in an environment subject to competing priorities and change.
- Commitment to personal integrity, ethical decision making, and MCB’s Values of Respect, Understanding, Compassion and Integrity.
- Understanding of and experience in working in an environment requiring a balance between commercial and community obligations.
- Possession of or progress towards a relevant TAFE/ tertiary qualification.
FURTHER JOB-RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Ms Andrea Duff (Manager Client Services) on 0427 534 817 (not to be contacted for assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the attached Applicant Information Kit and Job Description Form as these documents will assist you in preparing your resume and covering letter. If you experience difficulties downloading any of these documents, please call (08) 9383 5228.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years.
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
You must submit all of the following before the closing date to be considered for an interview:
- An up-to-date resume which clearly outlines your past work experience, your knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
- A covering letter no more than 3 pages (A4 size) outlining why you believe you would be suitable for the position, and how well you meet each of the Work-Related Requirements (Selection Criteria) as listed above.
If you do not address each of the Work-Related Requirements, you may not be shortlisted for interview.
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” at the bottom of the page.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: 12:00pm, Monday, 21 September 2020.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board has a four day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website.