Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS645282
Please be advised, as of 3.30pm on 7 September 2020, the JDF attachment for this position has been amended
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Manjimup Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and self-motivated Library and Administrative Support Officer to join their team. Please note that this role will form part of a job-share arrangement. Working days will be Wednesday to Friday.
As the successful applicant you will need to be highly motivated, energetic and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school including application of excellent customer service principles and practices. You will also need to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operations of the library and administer library systems to ensure library records are up to date and resources are maintained and accessible to staff and students. They will also be responsible for preparing and monitoring the library budget and purchase new library resources. They will ideally have the ability to utilise initiative and contribute new ideas to promote the use of the library.
The role requires the applicant to be flexible in providing support to administrative staff. You will be responsible for producing the School newsletter, publications and maintaining databases and the school website. You will also have the ability to assist in maintaining the library ICT equipment including desktops and laptops.
Manjimup SHS is a Year 7-12 Independent Public School with a farm school component and an offsite campus. It has a friendly welcoming atmosphere and a committed and highly competent workforce. Established in 1957 the school is recognised for its high achievement and flexible approach to education and training. Manjimup SHS is the only Senior High School in the inland corridor of the Southwest Education Region.
Surrounded by forests and a diverse rural landscape, Manjimup has an excellent range of commercial services and a reputation as a clean, green place to live. Manjimup is a 3 hour drive from Perth and is a regional growth centre. The school is part of a multi-purpose campus comprising Manjimup Primary School, Manjimup Education Support Centre, Manjimup Campus of South Regional TAFE. We have a long standing partnership with Edith Cowan University.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Manjimup Senior High School can be found by visiting www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Robyn McCracken, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup, by telephoning (08) 9771 3404 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.