Senior Advisor Aboriginal Employment Participation
Why Work With Us?
We plan, build and maintain Western Australia’s $46 billion State Road Network. Our work affects Western Australians across the state and we have a number of regional offices, from Albany to Kununurra.
Whatever stage of your career, we are committed to helping you reach your potential, so that we can deliver an outstanding, integrated road network.
About the Role
This is a full-time Fixed Term position for a period of up to 3 years (with the possibility of extension or permanency).
Main Roads Western Australia recognises Aboriginality as a genuine qualification for this position under 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. To apply you must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as and be recognised as such by the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.
You'll provide specialist advice and support to promote the employment of Aboriginal people on major infrastructure projects. Whilst you'll be a Main Roads employee in our Perth office, you will work with a broad range of people across Western Australia, so expect to spend some time in regional areas. You’ll use your skills and experience to ensure that contractors, job network providers, and labour hire companies working on Main Roads WA projects are encouraged to engage with Aboriginal employment programs. You'll also help training program providers to shape their courses to ensure employability, and build relationships with Aboriginal community representatives so that they are aware of available opportunities.
On offer is a salary of $107,115 – $126,200, lots of opportunities to learn and grow and the chance to have a significant positive impact on your community.
In order to be successful, we think you’ll need
- Experience of promoting and securing employment opportunities for Aboriginal people
- Previous exposure to, or work with, State and Federal departments and education, training and employment assistance providers
- Extensive experience of working with Aboriginal communities and community representatives
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to bring groups together to achieve results
- The ability to identify and resolve any barriers to Aboriginal employment, ensuring Aboriginal businesses, contractors and labour hire companies in the civil infrastructure space are able to be successful
- The ability to travel to Aboriginal communities and Main Roads sites throughout Western Australia
- A current Western Australian ‘C’ class (car) motor vehicle drivers licence
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV
- A 2 page (maximum) covering letter explaining how your experience relates to the Job Role Statement
You will need complete several questions as part of your online application – please allow plenty of time when completing your application as late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
You may need to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and National Police Clearance as part of this recruitment process.
You may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads subject to our requirements.
If you have questions about the role, please call Dennis Kickett (Principal Aboriginal Engagement Advisor) on 08 9323 4582. If you need assistance with your application, please contact Julia Formato-Stockman from the Human Resources Team on 08 9323 4413.