Senior Advisor Aboriginal Business Engagement
Who We Are
We plan, build and maintain Western Australia’s $46 billion State Road Network. Our work affects Western Australians across the state and we have a number of regional offices, from Albany to Kununurra.
Whatever stage of your career, we are committed to helping you reach your potential, so that we can deliver an outstanding, integrated road network.
About the Role
Main Roads Western Australia recognises Aboriginality as a genuine qualification for this position under 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984. To apply you must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as and be recognised as such by the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are looking for one permanent Senior Advisor and two Senior Advisors on three year fixed term contracts to join us. The fixed term roles offer the possibility of extension or a permanent position.
You will join our Finance and Commercial services team to find opportunities for Aboriginal businesses to participate in projects that Main Roads WA is involved in. You will be our point of contact for the delivery of work and the supply of goods and services to all Main Roads locations across WA.
On offer is a salary of $107,115 – $126,200 lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and the chance to have a significant positive impact on your community.
In order to be successful, we think you will need to have:
- Previous success in promoting Aboriginal businesses
- Experience of building networks and relationships with Aboriginal businesses and communities
- An understanding of the social norms and protocols of interacting with Aboriginal people
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- The ability to travel to Aboriginal communities and Main Roads sites throughout Western Australia
- A current Western Australian ‘C’ class (car) motor vehicle drivers licence
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
How Do I Apply?
Please submit the following as part of your application:
- A comprehensive CV
- A 2 page (maximum) covering letter explaining how your experience relates to the Job Role Statement
You will need complete several questions as part of your online application – please allow plenty of time when completing your application as late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
You may need to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and National Police Clearance as part of this recruitment process.
You may also be considered for appointment to “similar vacancies” within Main Roads subject to our requirements.
If you have questions about the role, please call Dennis Kickett (Principal Aboriginal Engagement Advisor) on 08 9323 4582. If you need assistance with your application, please contact Julia Formato-Stockman from the Human Resources Team on 08 9323 4413.