Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS640568
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Byford Secondary College is seeking to appoint a dedicated Network Support Officer to join their friendly team.
The Network Support Officer has the role of maintaining networked information technology resources effectively and efficiently in order to maximise educational and administrative outcomes within the Department of Education’s asset management and security regulatory framework. The successful applicant will provide technical support and training to all users throughout the school including desktop and software application and access to systems and resources. The successful applicant will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources. Byford secondary College encourages the use of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) by staff and students. The Network Support Officer would have excellent customer service skills to support staff and student devices (Windows, iOS) in the Department of Education context. Working hours will require flexibility to meet the various duties and service needs of the college.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC has become a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with our inclusion facilities. Byford SC's motto, ‘Aspire to Excellence’ clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Year 7 through 12.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing Caroline.Chellew@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.