Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE635180
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The School Curriculum and Standards Authority is seeking a dedicated individual to join its team in the role of Senior Consultant – Primary to Year 10 Achievements, within the Examinations, Certification and Testing (ECT) Branch.
The Senior Consultant – Primary to Year 10 Achievements will be responsible for dealing with all school matters associated with the implementation of the collection of achievements from Pre-Primary to Year 10 for all Western Australian and International Schools.
The successful applicant will ideally possess substantial skills and experience in managing data, along with high level conceptual and analytical skills. You will also have the ability to identify, clarify and analyse processes. These competencies should be partnered with excellent communication skills and the ability to consult with stakeholders at all levels. Skills and experience in developing and implementing procedures and processes would also be highly desirable.
The Examinations, Certification and Testing Directorate is responsible for ensuring equitable and rigorous senior secondary examinations are developed, implemented and reviewed. The Directorate also develops and maintains strategies to acknowledge student performance including the development of online exam structures. The Directorate is responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of educational measurement activities in Years 11 and 12, including the moderation of external assessment activities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial skills and experience in managing data within established database programs.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify, clarify and analyse processes and generate appropriate strategies to address issues.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to consult with stakeholders at all levels.
- Substantial skills and experience in developing and implementing procedures and processes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet planned outcomes and deadlines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Vanessa Peters, Manager Programs and Data, ECT, by telephoning (08) 9273 6779 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED