Are you up for the challenge of public sector audit?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We are the largest and most complex external audit practice in WA and are able to offer unique opportunities to our talented people. We have an Australia-wide reputation for excellence and are a key source of independent and objective information for Parliament and the community.
The Financial Audit unit provides Parliament with audit opinions on the financial statements, controls and key performance indicators of State government entities, and provides audit opinions on the annual financial reports of local government entities to the Minister, Councils and CEOs.
With 180 State government entities and 148 local government entities, there is significant variety in assignments.
Audit managers lead and manage assurance audit teams and compile audit information and review evaluations to provide for the completion of assurance and compliance audits of public sector entities.
Ideal applicants will have a relevant financial qualification and full membership of a relevant professional accounting body, as well as:
- experience dealing with financial audit teams and involvement in the audit process
- experience and exposure to managing financial audits and audit teams will be viewed favourably
- demonstrated knowledge of financial controls and financial reporting processes
- experience in interpreting and applying accounting and audit standards
- clear and influential oral and written communication skills
- demonstrated organisational, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
We have a number of full time positions, permanent and fixed term with the possibility of extension or permanency, available for immediate filling in Financial Audit. Offers will be made based on competitive suitability for roles.
This selection process may also be used to appoint to similar vacancies that occur in the Office within the next 3 months.
Sound interesting? Here’s how to apply:
Provide a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that:
- clearly demonstrates the skills and experience you will transfer into this role
- defines what makes you the ideal applicant – as outlined above
- includes 1 or more examples that best supports your ability to achieve this.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for recommended applicants, after interviews.
For further information regarding this position please contact Subha Gunalan on 6557 7716.
This position closes on Monday, 15 June 2020 at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance