Are you an experienced adviser and stakeholder management professional who has…
- relationship building, networking and influencing experience
- managed complex research to provide unbiased, analysis-based advice
- a substantial understanding of the public sector environment including government processes, systems and Parliamentary policy and legislative processes
- what it takes to manage key external stakeholder communication strategies for the Office of the Auditor General.
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament on public sector performance. We help Parliament hold government to account; are a key source of independent and objective information to the community; and help promote change to improve public services.
This position works across inter-office boundaries to provide seamless continuity of service and information management, supporting the delivery of operational responsibilities. It manages executive and advisory support to OAG Executive, leading strategic, high-level stakeholder engagement including senior representatives of client entities, government and Ministerial offices and Parliamentary Committees.
We have 1 permanent full time position available for immediate filling.
The ideal applicant will have:
- experience building relationships, networking and influencing stakeholders, including senior representatives of client entities, government and Ministerial offices and Parliamentary Committees
- a substantial record providing independent, unbiased advice based on research of complex and sensitive issues
- overseen and implemented key external stakeholder communications, including identifying and proposing risk mitigation strategies.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position we require:
- a comprehensive CV detailing your relevant experience
- a 2 page statement outlining your transferable experience demonstrating you are our ideal applicant as outlined above including -
- at least 3 specific examples of providing frank and fearless advice to a senior executive
- reports prepared for internal or external circulation
- written responses on behalf of a senior executive addressing an ethical question.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for recommended applicants, after interviews.
For further information regarding this position please contact Mandy Murray, Director Workforce and Development on 6557 7564.
This position closes on Monday 8 June 2020 at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance