EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Advertised Vacancy Number: 626548
This expression of interest is for fixed term and casual, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise in Western Australian Government Schools during the 2020 school year.
As part of the coordinated State Government response to COVID-19, we are seeking expressions of interest from cleaners for various vacancies that may arise in both metropolitan and regional schools. Vacancies include:
- Cleaner Level 1 - works under the general supervision of the Cleaner in Charge.
- Assistant Cleaner in Charge Level 2 - open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system, and carries out cleaning duties and assists with the management of staff in schools with an internal cleaning area of over 7,000m2.
- Cleaner Working Alone Level 2 - open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system, and carries out cleaning duties.
- Cleaner in Charge Level 3 - is responsible for organising and supervising the cleaning staff in schools with an internal cleaning area of up to 7,000m2.
- Cleaner in Charge Level 7 - is responsible for organising and supervising the cleaning staff in schools with an internal cleaning area of over 7,000m2.
Further information about the positions can be found in the attached job description forms (JDF). Please note the different levels and requirements.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please telephone (08) 9264 4127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
If you wish to express your interest, please complete the attached Resume template and then click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will also be required to attach:
- identification (i.e. birth certificate, passport, change of name documentation - marriage certificate). If you are unable to scan your documents, a clear image taken with a camera or smartphone will be accepted;
- evidence of eligibility to work in Australia, including Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian work permit (i.e. citizenship papers, Australian work visa with date of entry - Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO); and
- any relevant certificates relating to qualifications.
It is recommended that you have all of the above documents ready to attach before clicking the “Apply for Job” button.
When completing your online application you will be asked to nominate the schools where you would be interested in working. Please only nominate schools where you would accept a position.
Applying for this pool does not guarantee appointment. Principals may choose to fill vacancies using other options such as local recruitment activities or advertising positions.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Prior to any appointment, applicants will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
If you are not an Australian citizen, or Australian permanent resident but you have a temporary visa, you will be required to include details of your right to work in Australia.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
EMAILED AND HARD COPY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED