CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2020 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow, Innovate.
For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
We currently have one (1) fixed term full time appointment available up to 30 June 2022 with the possibility of extension.
This process may be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout the department. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position, the panel may select another suitable applicant from this selection process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of six (6) months from approval of the initial recruitment decision.
We are seeking a Regional Development Officer to be a part of the State Government's newly established Collie Delivery Unit.
In this position you will contribute to research and analysis of information, data evaluation to support the planning and implementation of community and economic development projects. Some key responsibilities in this position include:
- Contributing to coordinating the activities of the Board and Working Parties.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including; government authorities, industry members and community groups.
- Contributing to data analysis, and maintaining databases of regional information on specific industries.
Please refer to the Job Description Form attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
A current and valid Western Australian C (car) class driver’s licence or equivalent is required (if not currently held, must be acquired prior to commencement at applicant’s expense).
An acceptable National Police Certificate (Police Clearance) is required (if not currently held, must be accquired to commencement at applicant's expense).
This position is located in Collie.
Please note, any successful candidate, including current employees of the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, will be offered employment subject to the award and agreement conditions that apply to the advertised role as outlined in the attached JDF/s. By accepting an offer of appointment, the successful applicant accepts the conditions and entitlements under the specified award and agreement.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact Kyra Nimmo A/Director Regional Development, on 08 9792 2032 (during business hours).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current comprehensive CV, including details of two (2) referees; and
- A covering letter/statement that demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Work Related Requirements, as detailed on the Job Description Form and in the context of the job specific details in this advertisement in no more than four (4) pages:
- Work Related Requirement 1 – Demonstrated project planning, management and evaluation experience in a regional context
- Work Related Requirement 2 – Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain internal and external client and stakeholder relationships
- Work Related Requirement 4 – Sound research, analytical and problem solving skills demonstrate ability to apply initiative to analyse and evaluate issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work Related Requirement 5 – Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and organise workload to meet targets and deliverables.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The values and business needs of our Department may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Please note that, should you be shortlisted, your ability to meet the other work related requirements will be assessed through future stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants are required to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online and this email address will be used for communication with applicants. Further information is available in the attached Applicant Information Kit.
Equity and Diversity
DPIRD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and strongly encourage people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, women and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
The Department also promotes staff health and wellbeing, through the provision of flexible work provisions and a wellbeing and support program.
If you are having trouble downloading the attachments or lodging your application online, please contact (08) 6552 1943 (during business hours) and quote the Reference number.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 11:45pm will not be accepted)
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has a four day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website