Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS607773
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you able to make the school shine?
Wagin District High School (DHS) is looking for a Cleaner to keep the school maintained according to all health and cleaning standards.
Applicant needs to have a sound knowledge of cleaning products, machinery & the use of chemical products. The suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and rubbish removal. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
At Wagin DHS provides educational opportunities for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. The school's facilities include an upgraded Home Economics kitchen and classroom, a modern and vibrant library, Kitchen Garden with outdoor classroom space, purpose built Design and Technology area, upgraded Science laboratory, an excellent Nature Play space and welcoming classrooms.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wagin District High School please visit www.wagindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Ann Ward, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9861 3200 or emailing Ann.Ward@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed by emailing it to Ann.Ward@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 December 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED