Are you interested in the impacts of Cyber Security on Government Agencies?
Are you an autonomous operator who enjoys working within a team structure, liaising with diverse clients and problem solving?
As part of the significant change affecting the Western Australian Public Sector, agencies are revising their business processes and adopting state of the art systems and technology. These agencies store and handle a wide variety of sensitive information that is subject to independent scrutiny.
The Office of the Auditor General has a world-wide reputation for excellence and is a key source of independent and objective information for Parliament and the community.
Check out some of our recent reports on our website Information Systems Reports
Ideal applicants for these positions will be self-managed, team oriented people who have between 3 and 10 years of experience in any of the following:
- information security
- network infrastructure
- cloud and ICT operations
- cyber security and threat hunting
- risk management.
People with experience in either analytics, software development and database administration are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate their skills and experience in relation to the chosen position(s), as listed below. Each level builds on the skills of the previous level.
Level 4 Information Systems Auditor:
- good understanding and experience in information systems technology and best practice
- planning and organisational skills
- experience in data analysis
- demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and strong written communication skills.
Level 5 Senior Information Systems Auditor:
- demonstrated understanding and experience in information systems technology, controls and best practice
- demonstrated ability to plan and organise multiple tasks to meet project timelines
- demonstrated experience designing, developing and evaluating ICT system testing techniques
- well developed ability to liaise with clients and strong written communication skills.
Level 6 Principal Information Systems Auditor:
- demonstrated experience leading and delivering quality assurance for information systems audits
- highly developed ability to liaise with audit clients and stakeholders
- ability to provide specialist technical advice to IS audit team
- demonstrated experience to managing multiple projects supervising IS audit teams and contractors.
We are establishing a number of selection pools to fill permanent and fixed term current and future opportunities that are available.
There will be a number of intakes over the next 7 months. The selection panel will conduct the next round of assessments on Tuesday 30 June 2020 12pm (noon) and will arrive at a pool of suitable applicants.
Please note that being placed in the pool does not guarantee your placement in a position.
Other suitable applicants will be placed in a recruitment pool. This pool will run for a period of 6 months and may be used to fill other similar fixed-term and permanent vacancies. Please note that being placed in the pool does not guarantee your placement in a position.
How to apply?
Your application will be assessed only at the level you nominate.
You need to provide us with a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that clearly communicates what you have been doing and how your skillset will transfer into this role, making you the ideal applicant – as outlined above. Please do not address the criteria in the JDF.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for recommended applicants, after interviews.
We encourage you to contact Kamran Aslam on 6557 7582 for further information about this position.
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.