Compassion – Respect – Understanding - Integrity
If you share these values, then we want you!
TECHNICAL OFFICER – ENVIRONMENT, KPO007
Level 4, $78,452 - $82,797
(full time, 14/10/2019 to 21/1/2020)
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is a values-based organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from young people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women, people with disabilities, and Aboriginal Australians who have relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) is looking for a Technical Officer - Environment to join the Planning and Operations, Planning and Project team for a short term opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess the necessary experience, skills and abilities to meet the work related requirements as listed below. In return, the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) will provide a work environment which encourages innovation, recognises positive performance and provides employees with the opportunity to learn and expand on their experience and knowledge base.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. However, applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process could be offered a similar role as vacancies arise during the next 12 months.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Technical Officer – Environment provides specialist technical environmental support and advice, applying environmental sustainability principles and perspectives in managing and developing cemetery land and infrastructure for the Board.
The position provides support with financial and administrative duties. This includes raising purchase requisitions and using software to ensure expenses are processed under the correct financial codes.
This position requires a customer focus approach undertaking research and analysis, audits and evaluations to monitor and promote environmental sustainability ensuring statutory requirements are met.
As an MCB employee you will be focused on providing a high level of service in line with the MCB’s values of Compassion, Respect, Understanding and Integrity.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE MCB
Working for the MCB gives you access to well regarded benefits, including:
- Part time, full time opportunities
- Opportunity for overtime
- Flexible start and finish times
- Agreement-based salary and entitlements (e.g. personal leave, annual leave, purchased leave long service leave, salary packaging)
- 9.5% employer contribution superannuation
- A culture based on values of understanding, compassion, respect, and integrity
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
- Expressions of interest for acting prospects
- Employee Assistance program
You can find more information about the benefits of working at MCB at http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-organisation/employment-opportunities.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR - WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are asked to address the following work related requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Sciences or equivalent.
- Sound understanding of environmental legislation and its application.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, research and evaluation skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate in a sensitive working environment.
- Sound computing skills with the ability to use electronic document records management (HP TRIM) and finance systems.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, and Equal Employment Opportunity and how they relate to the workplace.
The remaining work related requirements listed in the attached JDF will be assessed during the selection process.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For more information about the position, please contact Ian Higgins on 9383 5247 or 0414 237 008 (not to be contacted for Applicant Information Packs or assistance with lodging your application).
Please refer to the attached Applicant Information Pack and Job Description Form as these documents will assist you in preparing your CV and covering letter. If you experience difficulties downloading any of these documents, please call (08) 9383 5228.
You are encouraged to find out more about the MCB at our website www.mcb.wa.gov.au.
Applicants will be required to disclose if they have been subject to disciplinary proceedings by their employer within the last two years.
The recommended applicant will be required to provide a current National Police Clearance prior to appointment that is less than six months old.
A 100 point identification check will be conducted by the MCB prior to appointment.
You must submit the following before the closing date to be considered for this role:
- An up-to-date CV that clearly outlines your past work experience, knowledge and skills, and includes the contact details of two referees (one of which has to be your current or most recent employer); and
- A covering letter no more than 2 pages (A4 size) addressing the work related requirements listed above.
Apply online by clicking on the “Apply for Job” at the bottom of the page.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro forma applications will not be accepted.
Applications close: Thursday, 12 September 2019 at 12:00pm