WORK TYPE Casual
We are looking for people to assist with processing election packages and counting ballot papers for the local government elections in October 2019. Some work will be available from early October 2019 while other work is during the day or evening on Polling Day, Saturday 19 October 2019.
Various local government offices throughout Western Australia, Perth Head Office at 111 St Georges Tce in Perth and the Processing Centre at 168 St Georges Tce in Perth.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT PROCESSING CENTRE
Electoral Officer - $29.66 per hour – 1 October 2019 to Saturday 19 October 2019. Hours may vary depending on daily workload.
Requirements for each stage are as follows:
Stage 1 - Receivals
- Ability to operate office equipment with competency & accuracy
- Attention to detail and ability to follow processes
- Basic numeracy skills & ability to undertake repetitious tasks with manual agility
Stage 2 - Scanning
- Ability to operate a computer and navigate through software applications
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time even when undertaking a very monotonous activity (scanning a few thousand packages per day for 3 weeks).
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Stage 3 – Ballot paper removal
- Conscientiousness of rules governing confidentiality
- Endurance in completing mundane, extended tasks
- Ability to operate office equipment with competence and accuracy
Stage 4 - Ballot Paper Reconciliation
- Solid numeracy skills - counting and reconciling ballot papers
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Endurance in standing for long hours – this role requires you to be on your feet for the majority of the day
Note: Processing Centre staff are required to be available full-time for the three week period from 1 October 2019 to 19 October 2019.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT HEAD OFFICE
Data Entry Operator - $34.78 per hour - computerised count only from 5.00pm Saturday 19 October 2019.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS LOCAL GOVERNMENTS
Electoral Officer - $29.66 per hour - from 5.00pm Saturday 19 October 2019 only
Data Entry Operator - $34.78 per hour - computerised count only from 5.00pm Saturday 19 October 2019
Supervisor - $42.88 per hour – from 5.00pm Saturday 19 October 2019 only
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Processing postal ballot paper packages
- Assisting with count of ballot papers and packing of materials
- Operating WAEC hardware and software applications
- Attending training
Please complete the questions in the application form to ensure that you can be assessed according to your everyday skills and experience. Your application will then be assessed by the Commission who may contact you when vacancies are to be filled.
Staff are appointed on a casual, as needed basis, and employment does not continue from one electoral event to another.
SUBSTANTIVE EQUALITY STATEMENT
The WA Electoral Commission is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage Aboriginal Australians, young people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and women, to apply for positions with our agency.
To commence your application click the ‘Apply for Job' button below.
Your email address creates a login and is linked to your individual employment details. This means you cannot use the same email address to register more than 1 person. If you wish to lodge an application for 2 people then you will need to create an additional email account for each person. You can register free email accounts at the following links: Google, Yahoo or Hotmail.
If you need further assistance with your application please phone 9214 0400 and follow the prompts.