Looking to be a Graduate whose work matters?
The Office of the Auditor General serves the public interest by providing Parliament with independent and impartial information about public sector accountability and performance.
The work we do matters to more than 2.6 million people living in Western Australia, and with 180 State Public Sector entities and 147 local government entities, there is plenty of variety in assignments.
You can be part of this; and the unique opportunities we offer our people. Some of the reports tabled in Parliament in the last 12 months:
As a Graduate Financial Auditor with our Office, you will receive:
- intensive induction training
- financial support, leave, tutoring and practical experience for qualified accountant status
- ongoing structured formal and informal professional development
- work/life balance with flexible leave and working arrangements
- a public sector career pathway
- a competitive remuneration package
- exposure to interesting, varied and rewarding work.
Completion of the program opens opportunities in financial, information systems, compliance and performance auditing.
The Office of the Auditor General is a Recognised Knowledge Partner of CPA Australia; and a Recognised Training Employer with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates for our 2020 Graduate Program will have:
- completed a relevant degree between 2016 and the end of 2019
- a qualification that meets CPA or CAANZ requirements for Associate Membership
- a competitive course average in accounting and auditing
- availability to commence early February 2020
- a commitment to the Office’s values
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a demonstrated ability to manage tasks, achieve results and build relationships.
If successful, you will be offered:
- a 12 month contract with a starting salary of $66,256 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- permanent appointment subject to satisfactory performance
- promotional opportunities.
Ready to apply?
If you are a graduate in finance, accounting or commerce and you are looking for a challenging career that makes a difference, apply for a graduate position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to complete an online application and attach a copy of your CV together with copies of your academic transcript and proof of residency status.
Interviews are currently scheduled for early August and shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week before with interview times and details. Unsuccessful candidates can obtain feedback at the end of the recruitment process.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Niki Goulios on 6557 7500.
Applications close at 12.00pm noon, Monday 1 July 2019.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance.