The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation has relocated to Joondalup.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) is a dynamic agency and is committed to supporting Western Australia’s community, economy and environment by managing and regulating the state’s environment and water resources.
The Department is seeking a suitably experienced Senior Manager Legislation and National Policy to join our Legislation and National Policy Branch team. The primary function of the role is to lead and provide advice in relation to the Department’s legislation and national policy processes. The position has responsibility for undertaking complex legislative and legal queries requiring the need to liaise and negotiate with consultants and officers from other agencies.
We care | We build trust | Better together | Open minds | We serve to make a difference
In a commitment to attracting and retaining a culturally diverse workforce, we strongly encourage indigenous Australians, women, youth, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
WHY WORK FOR US?
The Department is a dynamic agency supporting a healthy environment and secure water resources for a liveable and prosperous Western Australia.
The Department is responsible for all environmental and water regulation, creating a ‘one stop shop’ for industry and developers and a greater opportunity for streamlining and simplifying regulation.
In providing a working environment that promotes and supports professional development, work/life balance and wellness for all its employees, the department offers:
- Competitive salary plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution and access to salary packaging options;
- Generous working conditions under the Public Service Award;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Opportunity to be involved with exciting, interesting and meaningful work;
- Access to an assortment of personal and professional development and training opportunities;
- Leading wellness program promoting a healthy work / life balance with funded flu vaccinations and employee assistance programs to name but a few; and
- An energetic social club offering networking opportunities and a strong social environment.
Find out more by visiting our website at www.dwer.wa.gov.au
WORK RELATED REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to submit a statement of no more than 3 pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, which can be located on the Role Statement;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Any supporting documentation, as specified in the Role Statement, i.e qualification, licenses or entitlement to work.
Please note any required qualification, as per the Role Statement and/or entitlement to work must be attached to the application to be considered eligible for the position.
FURTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
For further information about the position, please contact Daniel Nevin on 6364 6826 (not to be contacted for Applicant Information Packs or assistance with lodging your application).
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to the Applicant Information Pack and Role Statement for full position details as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are requested to apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen.
When you are ready to lodge your application, please check to ensure that you have:
- Attached your CV and statement, as stated in the ‘Work Related Requirements’ section;
- Complied with the page limitation set for the statement;
- Attached your entitlement to work and any required qualifications; and
- Completed and attached the application form.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted.
If you have any access needs that may require reasonable adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, please get in touch with the contact below. If you are an Aboriginal person who would like assistance with your application, you can contact the Jobs and Skills Centre on 13 64 64.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia, and proof of entitlement to work is required prior to appointment.
If you experience difficulties lodging your application online, please contact email@example.com prior to the closing date. This email account is not to be used for the submission of applications.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, 6 June 2019