Level 3 or Level 4
Production Branch, Operations Division, Kalgoorlie
This is a Permanent full time position at 1.0FTE
Appointments may be made from this process within a 12-month period to similar permanent or fixed term positions.
The Forest Products Commission (FPC) is a Statutory Authority and is responsible for managing commercial operations in Western Australia’s native forest and plantation estate. The FPC supplies forest products to local processing industries and export markets. The FPC also provides advice to, and develops policy for, government on issues relating to forest management, products and services.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5:00PM ON 20 MAY 2019
The FPC is looking to fill one (1) position in Kalgoorlie, depending on the successful applicants skill and experience they may be appointed at Level 3 or Level 4. Please address your application to suit.
Under the direction (Level 3) or general direction (Level 4) of the Senior Forester this position focuses on but is not limited to sandalwood operations. The position is responsible for the supervision of forest, plantation, woodland and rangeland harvesting operations to achieve standards for utilisation, environment and safety. This position continually improves FPC works practices to optimise FPC financial performance and stakeholder engagement.
Work related requirements
To be successful for this role you must demonstrate that you meet the essential criterion of the position. Please read the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for further work-related requirements.
- Experience (Level 3) or demonstrated experience (Level 4) in planning for and managing integrated forest, plantation, woodland, or rangeland harvesting operations.
- Evidence of good (Level 3) or well developed (Level 4) interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels, including skills in supervision, consultation and negotiation.
- Knowledge (Level 3) or demonstrated knowledge (Level 4) of Environmental Management Systems in relation to undertaking monitoring and implementing effective corrective and preventative action.
- Demonstrated competence, willingness and physical fitness to undertake working in remote locations and occasional hiking and physical activity.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels.
- Ability (Level 3) or demonstrated experience (Level 4) to streamline and improve operational performance.
- Tertiary level qualification in Forestry, Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management related discipline.
- Knowledge of the Western Australian Sandalwood Industry.
- Experience in driving two and four-wheeled vehicles in off-road environments.
For further job-related information please contact Jaron Creasey (Harvest Manager North) on (08) 9782 4435.
For further information about the FPC please visit www.fpc.wa.gov.au.
If you have trouble downloading the attachments or wish to enquire about this recruitment process, please contact People Services on 9363 4656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (not to be used for applications)
Please note that recommended applicants are required to provide a National Police Certificate issued within a month, prior to appointment. Overseas police certificates may be required.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit:
- CV that clearly details your relevant experience and demonstrates how you meet the criteria detailed in the job description form.
- A statement or cover letter addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch in no more than 3 pages
- Contact details of two recent referees, preferably a manager or someone you have worked under who can attest to your skills as listed in the selection criteria.
No late or proforma applications will be accepted. To avoid last minute congestion of the system, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
Substantive Equality Statement
The Forest Products Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians, young people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and women to apply for positions within our agency.