Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE570949
The Strategic and External Relations branch are seeking to appoint two Principal Consultants – International Education.
We currently have the following positions available:
- 2x permanent, part-time (0.5FTE) positions.
These roles provide an exciting opportunity to engage in a challenging and interesting aspect of education and to develop new systems and processes for offshore schools that may benefit local WA schools. The successful applicants will be working with the Manager, Strategic and External Relations to support the Authority's international education program through providing support to overseas schools, conducting moderation activities, delivering professional learning relating to curriculum, assessment and School Curriculum and Standards Authority (the Authority) requirements, managing all aspects of the relationship between the Authority and each assigned school and supporting the growth of the program.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, very strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated intercultural understanding. School leadership experience, particularly working with international students, and moderation experience is highly desirable.
The School Curriculum and Standards Division provides administrative and secretariat services for, and implements the decisions of the the Authority. The Authority provides quality curriculum, assessment and standards to enable all Western Australian students to become confident, creative learners and active, informed citizens who contribute positively to society.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level knowledge of curriculum and assessment in the context of the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline and/or the WACE, ATAR course examinations, performance monitoring and review.
- High-order conceptual and analytical skills.
- Substantial project and program management skills, including the ability to implement processes to facilitate monitoring, reporting and successful delivery and objectives in a timely manner.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in undertaking consultation, stakeholder engagement, collaboration and negotiation.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Roshan Perera, Manager, Strategic and External Relations, by telephoning (08) 9273 6707 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A two (2) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 March 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED