Are you an audit leader who wants to improve financial management and accountability through people and programs?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We are the largest and most complex audit practice in WA and are able to offer unique opportunities to our talented people. We have a world-wide reputation for excellence and are a key source of independent and objective information for Parliament and the community.
The Financial Audit unit provides Parliament with audit opinions on the financial statements, controls and key performance indicators of State government agencies, and provides audit opinions on the financial statements of local government entities to the Minister, Councils and CEOs.
With 180 Public Sector Agencies and 148 local government entities, there is significant variety in assignments.
As an OAG Audit Director you will schedule work programs and direct assurance auditing teams and operations for a diverse range of government entities, ensuring the effective and efficient issuing of audit opinions to satisfy the independent, statutory objectives of the Auditor General.
We have at least one permanent full time position available for immediate filling in Financial Audit. If there are more suitable applicants than our current requirements, some will be placed in a pool and may be appointed to a similar position on a temporary or permanent basis that may arise in the Office within the next six (6) months.
- direct the implementation of contemporary assurance auditing policies and procedures
- lead assurance auditing operations for a portfolio of agencies
- coordinate the preparation of reports to Parliament
- coordinate reports on across government benchmarking audits
- manage the implementation of program business plans and work schedules
- pursue opportunities to add value to OAG and other government entity services
Ideal applicants will have:
- substantial experience in, and advanced knowledge of, accounting standards and contemporary auditing and assurance standards, principles and practices
- experience directing external financial audits
- the ability to shape and manage strategy and achieve results
- highly developed relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
You need to provide us with a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that clearly demonstrates the skills and experience you will transfer into this role; and what makes you the ideal applicant – as outlined above. Please include 1 or more examples that best demonstrate your ability to achieve this, outlining your role, the challenges faced and what you did to achieve a result.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for recommended applicants, after interviews.
Do not address the essential criteria in the JDF.
For further information regarding this position please contact Carolyn Anti 6557 7691.
This position closes on Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance