Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA567226
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2019
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an energetic, innovative, inspiring and dynamic educational leader to take up the position of Program Coordinator – Student Central. This represents an exciting opportunity for a school leader who demonstrates the vision, experience, professional knowledge and skills required to lead student services staff and the continued role out of our House System and Homeroom program.
As the Program Coordinator – Student Central you will lead a large team of teaching and non-teaching staff in collaboration with our Associate Principals. Responsibilities include general student central operations, behaviour management, imbedding house system and homeroom programs, health and wellbeing programs and end of line non-academic student matters. To successfully fulfil the role, you will have considerable knowledge of policies and processes relating to student welfare and the ability to apply and explain this knowledge in a variety of situations and to a range of audiences.
One of your key responsibilities will be to develop and deliver programs that support the school’s priority area; Learning for Life. This includes promoting the school’s iCARE Values, positive education and pastoral care. You will also monitor non-academic targets linked to the priority area. You’re organisational and planning skills will enable you to support and promote the health and wellbeing of students and staff.
Positive public relations skills are essential, as the role includes liaising with parents and government and non-government agencies. You will have a high level of skill working with challenging students. With the commitment and desire to create and sustain a student-centred support environment, you will communicate positively and effectively whilst at all times modelling and promoting the school’s vision, mission and core values.
This role may also have a teaching component.
As one of the first Independent Public Schools in Western Australia, Rossmoyne SHS is one of the nation’s leading schools. Our students achieve academic excellence and we provide outstanding visual and performing arts and sports programs, exciting opportunities in vocational education, and strong pastoral care. For more information, including our most recent published reports, visit our website.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Lillywhite, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9259 2100 or emailing Peter.Lillywhite@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1 and 3 only, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A one (1) page CV outlining your qualifications, employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees - (your current line manager, a peer who has recently worked directly with you, a staff member you have recently line-managed or mentored)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 March 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.