Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE567771
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing March 2019 with possible extension.
The Curriculum, Assessment and Strategic Policy Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Principal Consultant - Digital Strategy and Delivery in the Strategic and External Relations branch.
The Principal Consultant - Digital Strategy and Delivery promotes best practice in digital solution design and implementation related matters by monitoring industry developments and trends and identifying and evaluating opportunities to improve service delivery. The position maintains effective records and information databases in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy.
The successful applicant will be required to lead and manage the Digital Strategy and Delivery team in the technical design, development, delivery, maintenance and evaluation of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority's digital presence in support of its strategic direction, and to comply with State Government requirements and its Website Governance Framework. You will provide expert advice to internal and external stakeholders on the current and potential use of digital services and lead planning activities to identify opportunities for the use of web technologies to meet the Authority's objectives. In addition, the successful applicant will be required to maintain an integrated operational risk management approach, coordinating risk management processes including identification, analysis assessment, improvements and monitoring.
To be suitable for this role the successful applicant will possess high-level technical knowledge of effective web design and development using contemporary tools, methodologies and environments. You will need to possess highly developed communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively and be able to lead a team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed technical knowledge of effective web design and development using contemporary web development tools and environments.
- Substantial skills and experience in developing and implementing procedures for content publication and document management within enterprise level website Content Management Systems.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultations, collaborations and negotiations.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
- Highly developed team management, leadership and planning skills and the ability to coordinate and deliver effective outcomes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Roshan Perera, Manager, Strategic and External Relations, by telephoning (08) 9273 6707 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the branch as expressed in the advertisement
- A four (4) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Employees will be required to obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 January 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED