Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS560001
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2019
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a proactive and versatile School Officer to join their energetic and friendly team.
We are seeking applicants who possess strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with an excellent customer service focus which will be used to develop and promote the school's values, ethos and priorities across the school community. Applicants will be self-motivated and can demonstrate their ability to work independently using initiative, collaboratively as part of a team and in conjunction with a diverse range of individuals and professionals, maintaining a calm and professional service whilst prioritising tasks and dealing with conflicting deadlines in a busy office/school environment.
Responsibilities include assisting the Finance and Administration Officer to undertake the following duties:
- Purchasing (seeking appropriate approvals whilst working within the constraints of the school budget, following Department policies, procedures and legislative requirements to ensure compliance)
- Fault management
- Minor and major capital works
- Routine and preventative maintenance
- External use of school facilities
- Maintenance of school security system
- Maintenance of student contributions and charges in RM Billing
Rossmoyne SHS is a progressive school that is responsive to the changing needs of students and the community. Our staff and students engage actively in the local and international communities. Our multicultural campus has a vibrant, friendly and happy atmosphere. Students consistently provide feedback that the school delivers a well-rounded, balanced education. Former students overwhelmingly convey affection for, and pride in, Rossmoyne Senior High School.
Rossmoyne's School Board, administration, teachers and support staff are committed to delivering world-class educational programs and services. We want all students to enjoy a positive experience at Rossmoyne, to achieve the best possible educational outcomes, and to leave school with an optimistic outlook and a keen desire and confidence to make a worthwhile contribution to the community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Price, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9259 2208 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 December 2018
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.