Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE554314
PLEASE BEAWARE AN AMENDMENT HAS BEEN MADE TO THE CLOSING DATE ON THE 30 OCTOBER 2018
Broome Residential College is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Boarding Supervisors – Female for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2018 and 2019. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2018 and 2019.
The Senior Boarding Supervisor provides leadership and advice to supervisors and oversees the provision of boarding standards to the students. They ensure that supervisors are fully aware of their responsibilities and carry these out in accordance with Departmental guidelines and the students’ needs. They will undertake team building and coordination of supervisors, organise regular staff meetings and coordinate planning by supervisors. The suitable applicants will ensure that all supervisors have the skills required to carry out their responsibilities and ensure that supervisors’ training needs are met whilst participating on interview panels in the selection of supervisors and responding to advice and direction provided by the College Manager.
The suitable applicants will provide guidance, advice and expertise to supervisors in providing an environment that supports the academic, social, emotional and physical development of students whilst ensuring supervisors plan and implement a wide range of suitable student activities. The position will assist the College Manager to develop effective policies and guidelines relating to student management. The Senior Boarding Supervisor will ensure that student files are properly maintained, and that the appropriate documentation and recording information has been undertaken in accordance with Departmental guidelines whilst undertaking and ensuring appropriate liaison with clients such as school staff and parents. You will work to the current supervisory roster.
For this position, the person's gender is a genuine occupational qualification (Equal Opportunity Act 1984). Only applicants possessing the required qualification will be considered to be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Supervisory skills, including the ability to effectively supervise the activities of Indigenous and non-Indigenous students in a residential boarding situation and to lead, develop and provide advice to supervisory and ancillary staff.
- Understanding of Indigenous Australian culture and ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to develop and coordinate recreational, social and educational programs.
- Ability to support the emotional development and education of young people.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to both lead and make an active contribution to a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and deal with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to confidently address students, parents and staff and clearly express ideas in writing including the production of memos, letters, reports, and operating procedures.
- Administrative skills, including the ability to deal with a range of administrative and financial tasks, preferably in a residential boarding situation.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Gilmour, College Manager, by telephoning (08) 9194 2700 or emailing Michael.Gilmour@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A Two (2) statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A Two (2) page CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- hold or obtain within twelve months of appointment a Certificate in Residential Care;
- hold or obtain within six months of appointment:
- a LR Class Driver’s Licence with F endorsement;
- a Senior First Aid Certificate;
- an Aquatic Open Water Rescue qualification (eg Surf Rescue or equivalent);
- an Aquatic Rescue for Group lll Pool;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 November 2018
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED