Strategic leadership opportunity supporting the Premier and Government of Western Australia.
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet supports the Premier, as head of the Western Australian Government, and the Government through the provision of expert policy advice and administration of Executive Government services. The Department is responsible for the communication of Government policies and initiatives, the promotion of Western Australia's interests overseas and the management of State occasions and official visits. The Department also provides executive support and policy advice to ministerial offices, logistical support to the Leader of the Opposition, and administration of entitlements for Members and former Members of Parliament.
In this role, you will provide efficient management and strategic leadership to the Department to support the delivery of policy advice and executive support to the Premier and Government.
To be successful in this position you must:
- demonstrate outstanding leadership, significant personal integrity and exemplary ethical standards
- possess the knowledge and skill to provide policy advice to manage the Government’s reform agenda and advance the Government’s election commitments
- possess the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with key government stakeholders to deliver the Government’s new priorities and objectives
- inspire a sense of purpose and be able to think, act and focus strategically to deliver Government outcomes and advance policy initiatives
- have the capacity to innovate and respond effectively to emerging local, State and Commonwealth matters.
Superior communication skills are needed to effectively represent the Department and promote an understanding of its role and services to a diverse range of audiences. You must be able to act decisively, recognise and harness diversity and differing points of view, and have personal integrity and high ethical standards.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mr Mal Wauchope, Public Sector Commissioner, on (08) 6552 8551.
For other queries relating to the process, please contact the recruitment consultant, Ms Julie Colvin at Derwent Executive on (08) 9282 5250 or by email to email@example.com
Applications close Monday 8 May 2017, 5pm AWST